Where we store your personal data
Visilean does not itself host the Services or operate the underlying cloud infrastructure – all of that is done by third party hosting and cloud service providers (“Hosting Providers”). This means that personal data you provide us or that we or third parties collect from you is hosted with such Hosting Providers on servers that they own or control, which servers may be located anywhere in the world. Your personal data may also be replicated across multiple servers located in multiple countries.
We and our affiliated corporate entities may also make local copies of your personal data at our office locations.
Visilean securely stores your data at following business partners and subcontractors:
- Digital Ocean, LLC (for active and backed up Visilean service data)
- The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a Mailchimp (for newsletters and announcements)
- Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd. (email server and support helpdesk solution)
- Agile CRM Inc (for recording free pilot user information)
How long we retain your personal data?
Generally, Visilean will keep your data as follows:
- Personal data related to free trials for the length of the trial period (typically 30 days) after which the data will be erased
- Personal data related to commercial Visilean projects as agreed in the project contract, which also can include archive storage of project and user data after the project has finished.
We implement measures to secure personal data
We implement appropriate technical, organizational, and security measures to reduce the risks of damage to (or loss of) information, or any unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures do not provide absolute information security. Therefore, although efforts are made to secure your personal data, it is not guaranteed, and you cannot expect that the Services will be immune to information security risks or attacks. Also, as the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer, device or network you use to communicate with us, and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please make sure to take appropriate measures to protect this information.
What are your data protection rights?
Visilean would like to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- Right to access– the right to request a) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or b) that we modify, update, or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the data, we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct– the right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase– the right to request that we delete or remove your data from our systems, under certain conditions.
- Right to restrict our use of your data– the right to “block” us from using your data or limit the way in which we can use it, under certain conditions.
- Right to data portability– the right to request that we move, copy, or transfer your data, under certain conditions.
- Right to object– the right to object to our use of your data including where we use it for our legitimate interests
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us (see the “Contact Us” section below). Please note that in certain circumstances, we may not be the party which holds your personal data, and we may refer you to the party (such as the App Marketplace) which does.
Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make reasonable efforts to honour your request promptly in accordance with applicable law or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request. When processing your request, we may ask you for additional information to confirm or verify your identity and for security purposes before processing or honouring your request. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. In the event that your request would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (for example, would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others) or if we are legally entitled to deal with your request in a different way than initially requested, we will address your request to the maximum extent possible, all in accordance with applicable law.
Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing email@example.com. If you terminate your Account, any association between your Account and personal data we store will no longer be accessible through your Account. However, given the nature of sharing on certain Services, any public activity on your Account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority.